Click Images For Gallery View
Jones-Scanlon Baby Reds – “When Size Really Matters”
Perfect size for Broadcast Vehicles & Home Studios
For ultimate excellence in recording studios. Stunning Frequency Response, Incredible phase & time alignment. Undeniably Accurate, Faultless Frequency Reproduction, Incredible Depth, Clarity & Dimension.
“The Baby Red […] plays a remarkable trick of sounding huge”
“It has enormous authority and clarity and displays all the subjective qualities of a much larger monitor working well within its limits”
“Reverb tails, compression artifacts and imaging qualities
are all startlingly clear”
“The Baby Red is unique, and impossible not to love”
A note from Jones-Scanlon addressing review points:
The Baby Reds are optimised for time alignment at the 1.5 metre listening spot. They are designed for small studios and the exacting requirements of OB trucks, where close environments create different listening/eq responses when monitors are used on their side or standing upright.
Non flared ports compress earlier, providing attack that is accurate & highly beneficial during mix judgements. Even to the point of feeling air movement from ports when assessing low frequency.
Packaged with Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition & Mic.
Sonarworks program is for room acoustic issues and not a simple fix for lessor quality speakers. It always starts with the source and the Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors, with their incredible flat response, are significantly the most advanced source currently available. Combined with Sonarworks Ref 4 measurement the ultimate perfection for any room is secured.
Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio Edition with Mic Includes:
- Reference 4 Measure – step-by-step guide
- XREF20 calibration microphone with individual calibration curve – the mic alongside Reference 4 Measure guarantees maximum precision
- Reference 4 Systemwide – Sonarworks SR applied to all audio output
- Reference 4 Plugin – Sonarworks SR with zero latency in your DAW
- Headphone profiles – See the list of supported models here:
- Finish – Stunning 2 Pak Automotive paint finish with high gloss clear coats
- Colour – Red
- Available in custom colours. Match your décor, order your preferred colour
- Woodwork 18mm MDF
Cabinet Specs – for each cabinet:
- Power – 650 Watts RMS powered
- Channel 1 Woofer – 500 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms
- Channel 2 Tweeter – 150 Watts RMS @ 8ohms
- Power Amp – State of the art D Class switch mode 2 channel power amp with heat sink plate mounted into the rear of the cabinet
- Power Amp frequency – 20 Hz – 20 KHz
- Cabinet tuning – 35Hz to 20KHz
- Cabinet response – Half loudness Graphed down to 28Hz
- HPF switch at 40Hz
- Drivers – Woofer 6.5 inch, long stroke, ultra low distortion with incredible clarity, musical with tight bottom end
- Magnet – Ferrite
- Tweeter – Machined Aluminium 1″ Voice coil, Kapton
- Crossover point – 2.250Khz
- Control plate – Black Steel
- Universal Mains Power. Standard IEC
DSP & Control Plate Features
- Inputs – XLR balanced & SPDIF digital inputs
- USB connector for WJ Audio use only. Used for software updates
- Custom DSP – 192 KHz SHARC processing
- 3 Toggle switches with selections
- SPDIF – Left / Right & XLR Analogue
- 2 Room EQ switches:
- Room 1 – Inactive for future developments
- Room 2 – Preset with 92.8 Hz boost
- Room 3 – Inactive for future developments
- Room 4 – 40Hz HPF
- Centre position is Flat – Undeniably accurate
- LED on Control Panel for power operation.
Single Monitor Dimensions:
- H39 x W25 x D34 cm
- H15.3 x W9.8 x D13.4 inches
Single Monitor Weight:
- 13 kg
- 29 lbs
Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors now in
Universal Music Studios South Africa
& with Joseph And George Mothiba (REVOLUTION)
“Man these speakers should come with a warning! “Sound quality so good, you won’t be able to walk away from them!”” Read More ►
~ Alexis King Faku (Universal Music studios South Africa)
Jones-Scanlon Studio Monitors allow me to hear the essence of the sound at its truest form without color. They cover the whole frequency range with the most defined bass and subsonic frequency achieved without a subwoofer.Alexis King Faku - Producer, Mixing Engineer, Universal Music studios South Africa
~ Joseph And George Mothiba (REVOLUTION)
Man these speakers should come with a warning! “Sound quality so good, you won’t be able to walk away from them!”
These Monitors are extremely accurate with a tight and well-defined bass and you can listen to them for hours with no fatigue and the sound quality is unmatched by any other speaker we have auditioned before.
The Jones-Scanlon studio monitors are unique, extraordinary and by far the best we’ve heard.Joseph And George Mothiba (REVOLUTION)
South African Recording Artists, Producers, Mixing Engineers, Record Label Owners
- Undeniably Accurate, Faultless Frequency Reproduction, Incredible Depth, Clarity & Dimension
- You will hear Compression & Reverb tails more accurately than you have never heard before
- A whole new level of Transients, Clarity & Distinction
- All this at high & low listening levels
Our first designs intentionally had no DSP. This ensured the system and all components were doing exactly what they should from the source itself. Some companies use DSP to make up for the lack of what the source can’t produce, you can hear that. It simply doesn’t sound right and is misleading.
With the addition of DSP we have fine-tuned the original high praised system to perfection.
Finally, as an engineer, producer or artist your mixes can now be “undeniably accurate” and your work “more enjoyable”. This will translate right down the line through to clients and end consumer.
Even when listening to recordings you know well, you will discover things you never knew existed until now.
The Jones Scanlon monitors, gives you a whole new listening experience, transporting you into the very essence of musical dimension.
The Design Team
Steve Scanlon: is Australia’s #1 Live & Studio Engineer, responsible for mixing The Chainsmokers, Yellowjackets, Avicii, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Deep Purple & many more. He is recipient of multiple Aria Platinum and Gold awards, plus Tech award “Best Australian Live Engineer”.
Shipping Dimensions & Weights:
Shipped as a pair on a 1/2 size pallet (included in shipping weight & dimensions)
Carton – Double thickness cartons lined with high density die cast foam for ultimate protection.
W 60 x H 50 x D80 cm = Total 190cm (23.6 x 19.7 x 31.5 in)
35 kg / 77.2 lbs
As these are custom & hand made in Australia there could be a wait time of up to 8 weeks from time of order
50% required at time of order with balance payable when ready to ship
International shipping is by DHL Express
Shipping & local duties & taxes are the customers responsibility
Warranty is 3 year limited on all parts & Labour