**WJBP Pre-Amp DI new 2021 model release!!!
- EQ – Features extended top end control
- Band 5 has been modified & reset at 5kHz
- Addition of a 6thband set at 10kHz
- Input clip Indicator – Now much easier to read at top left corner
- Removal of FX blend control – Found to be unnecessary
- Removal of Tuner- Most players use their own
- The WJBP is now is exactly the same as first channel of WBPII twin channel preamp
Click Images For Gallery View
WJBP Bass Guitar Pre-Amp DI
Notes from Wayne Jones: My perfect sound was an Avalon 737 studio pre through my WJ powered cabs. So I set out to design a bass pre-amp that truly reproduced your bass sound & thus enabled you to tailor your sound. Also the tone controls had to work in the right areas & the pre had to have all the bells & whistles we need to do our job. Again no expense spared, just the highest quality components I could get for everything we need on stage & in the studio. These were my Instructions to my Engineer.
I have achieved that with the WJBP
This pre will also make front of house engineers happy as what goes in comes out.
The WJBP is designed with a no compromise attitude in Cost, Quality, Components & Features just as are WJ High End High Powered Bass Cabinets.
- Input 1/4” phono stereo/mono jack
- Input Gain For both Passive & Active basses
- -10 Db pad
- Input Gain clip Indicator LEDS (top left corner)
- Tone controls are critically set by Wayne & are extremely accurate in the attack points of each string. You can set them by one for each string on your bass All +15Db -20 Db
- Incredible separation between the tone controls
- There is also a 30 Hz boost for those that may like it ( not really needed at all as the Bass control gives such a great bottom end with ultimate attack). In/out button for selection
- Compressor: Optical, automatically senses & is very effective even with a very small amount engaged. In/out button for selection
- Balance: This is a balance control for stereo operation e.g. 2 WJ 2x10 or Stereo WJ 1x10 Powered cabs.
- Master volume Controls output
- Pre-Amp Output Indicator LEDS (top right corner) tell you if you are overloading the WJBP output
- Mute - Puts the WJBP in standby mode. LED Indicates when in use. The Mute mode should also be used for power up of the WJ Powered cabs, otherwise a very loud 1000watts will sound when WJ Powered cab (or separate power amp) is turned on.
- It also operates the built in Tuner. For standard tuning for 4, 5 & 6 string basses
- Foot switch mutes all output for silent tuning.
Master Outs 2 balanced XLR (recommended) outs for connection to WJ powered cabinets or to separate power amps Balance control on from panel will affect these outputs.
Also a choice of 2 Unbalanced 1/4" outputs for same function. (not recommended as output is lower)
All master outs can be used together as a pair or Individually with balance control set to the respective output
FX Send & Return - Stereo or mono
Foot switch - Mutes all output
DI Output - Balanced XLR out with Level control & ore or post EQ button
Aux Input - Stereo input, both 6.3mm & 1/4” phono. You an use this to plug items such as iPad, iPhone backing tracks etc. to play along with.
Headphone With Volume Control - Plug in your headphones to practise with. You can use the WJBP by itself without plugging into a power amp.
Rack Mount Ears - Included
- Input 1/4” Active Unbalanced
Max Level +20dBu
Impedance 300 Ohm
Max Level +27dB
1/4” TRS Unbalanced
Max Level +22dB
Frequency Response 10 hZ to 20 KHZ
THD+Noise@1KHz 2.5 %
Signal to noise ratio >80dB Limit 2
Total Gain 62dB
Universal Line Voltage 115/240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Shipping size
40.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 18 cm
- Rear Panel
Inputs 1/4” & 3.5mm TRS Active Stereo
- Impedance 20K
Max Level +15 dBu
- EQ Band frequencies:
Band 1 20-300Hz, Centre set at 80Hz
Band 2 60-1KHz, Centre set at 160 Hz
Band 3 150-2.5KHz, Centre set at 500Hz
Band 4 450-8KHz, Centre set at 1.6KHz
Band 5 1KHz-20KHz Centre set at 5KHz
Band 6 Centre set at 10KHz
- Size 6.6 cm x 30 cm x 24 cm (including knobs)