INTRODUCING THE NEWEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY
WAYNE JONES AUDIO BIG REDS
High powered, far-field 3-way studio monitor. Two custom handmade 10″ bass-mid drivers, Kevlar impregnated eucalyptus pulp air-dried cone. One mid 6.5″, long stroke, ultra-low distortion with incredible clarity. Bullet-style machined aluminium tweeter with a 1.46” voice coil. State of the art D Class switch mode power amp, 192 K SHARC DSP.
- A truly new dimension in mixing/dynamics and imaging
- Relentless frequency response at loud and soft levels
- Next level “sensory perception” clarity/punch/tightness with truly intoxicating accuracy!
- Replace your big’s in the studio with these and wonder if you’ll ever use your smalls again
Packaged with SoundID Reference & Microphone From Sonarworks
The Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors are incredibly accurate in all areas. For potential room acoustic issues we bundle SoundID Reference with mic from Sonarworks measurement and correction program.
SoundID Reference from Sonarworks is for room acoustic issues and not a simple fix for lessor quality speakers. It always starts with the source and the Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors, with their incredible flat response, are significantly the most advanced source currently available. Combined with Sonarworks’ SoundID Reference measurement the ultimate perfection for any room is secured.
SoundID Reference from Sonarworks includes:
- SoundID Reference Measure – step-by-step guide
- XREF20 calibration microphone with individual calibration curve – the mic alongside SoundID Reference Measure guarantees maximum precision
- SoundID Reference Systemwide – Sonarworks SR applied to all audio output
- SoundID Reference Plugin – zero latency in your DAW
- Headphone profiles – See the list of supported models here:
It seemed a natural progression for us to cater for the very loud and fat far field monitors commonly used in the wall or on stands in large format studio mixing rooms.
"They may be in the wall but they sound like headphones"
"The Big Reds have to be heard to be believed"
Now you don’t have to adjust your control room to cater for the imperfection of the classic far field monitors. You can fine tune your control room acoustics for accuracy, not for the resonance of honky far field speakers.
- Stunning frequency response which you need to experience to believe
- Incredible Accuracy in phase with world leading transient response
- Allowing hyper accurate compression settings within the mix
- Faster mix times
- Less mix changes
- Virtually no cross referencing required
Incorporating unique internal design for driver separation. Handmade using 18mm MDF with specifically tailored internal acoustics to eliminate unwanted reflections. This ensures the system and all components are doing exactly what they should from the source itself prior to any DSP.
- Finish – Stunning 2 Pak/Matte Automotive paint finish with high gloss clear coats
- Standard finish is a high gloss red face with the rest of the monitor finished in charcoal matte clear
- Available in custom colours. Match your décor, order your preferred colour
- Woodwork 18mm MDF
Cabinet Specs – for each cabinet:
- Power – 2000 Watts RMS powered
- Channel 1: 1 x 10” Bass driver – 500 Watts RMS @4ohms
- Channel 2: 1 x 10” Bass driver – 500 Watts RMS @4ohms
- Channel 3: Mid Range – 500 Watts RMS @ 4ohms
- Channel 4: Tweeter – 500 Watts RMS @ 8ohms
- Power Amps: Four state of the art D class switch mode power amps with heat sink plates mounted into the rear of the cabinet
- Power Amp frequency: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Cabinet tuning: 35 Hz to 20 kHz
- Cabinet response: Half loudness Graphed down to 28 Hz
- HPF switch at 30 Hz for high level monitoring applications
- Bass Drivers: Two custom handmade 10” bass drivers, Kevlar impregnated eucalyptus pulp air-dried cones. Magnets – Massive Ferrite
- Voice coil: 3″
- Midrange 6.5″ Long stroke, ultra-low distortion. Ferrite magnet
- Tweeter: Machined aluminium bullet-style tweeter with a 1.46″ Voice coil
- Crossover points: 160 Hz 1950 Hz 2250 Hz
- Control plates: Black Steel
- Universal Mains Power in: Standard IEC
DSP & Control Plate Features:
- Inputs: XLR Analogue Balanced (with SPDIF option)
- DSP – 192K SHARC processing
- USB connector for WJ Audio use only. Used for software updates
- 3 Toggle switches with selections (centre position is Flat – undeniably accurate)
- Inputs: XLR Analogue / SPDIF
- Room 1: Inactive. For future development /
Room 2: SoundID Reference calibration (preloaded with test profile)
- Room 3: Inactive. For future development /
- LED on Control Panel for power operation
Single Monitor Dimensions:
- H60 x W64.5 x D49.5 cm Approx
- 23.6 x 25.4 x 19.5 inches
Shipping Dimensions & Weights:
- Shipped as a pair on a pallet (included in shipping weight & dimensions)
- Carton – Double thickness cartons lined with high density road-case foam for ultimate protection.
- H81 x W120 x D100 cm (32 x 47.3 x 39.4 in)
- Weight 120 KG (265 lbs)
As these are custom & hand made in Australia. If not in stock there could be a wait time of up to 8 weeks from time of order
50% required at time of order with balance payable when ready to ship
International shipping is by DHL Express
Shipping & local duties & taxes are the customers responsibility
Warranty is 3 year limited on all parts & Labour
Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors in partnership with Sonarworks SoundID Reference
How to export a
Sonarworks’ SoundID Reference
room measurement profile
for uploading into
Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors
How to export a Sonarworks SoundID Reference room measurement profile for Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors.
Resources & Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors Product Information
- Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors
- Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors: a new level of innovation together with Sonarworks
WAYNE JONES AUDIO STUDIO MONITORS with integrated SoundID Reference
- Retrofit older Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors with upgrade board to allow uploading of SoundID Reference profile
- How to measure, export & upload your SoundID Reference room calibration profile to the Wayne Jones Audio Studio Monitors
WAYNE JONES AUDIO STUDIO MONITORS SoundID Reference INSTRUCTIONS
- SoundID Reference from Sonarworks